Tuesday 28 June 2016

What kind of fits?

I haven't blogged much recently. I seem to be spending more time checking up on S when I'm alone here and she is resting or sleeping. When the PAs are here, I still spend a lot of time with S.

I'm still very concerned about the 'seizures/fits', particularly their length and apparently increasing frequency. This morning I've found this very interesting website which seems to describe every known type of seizure:

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/types-seizures

What happens to S doesn't come close to matching any of the detailed descriptions on this site. Also, I haven't searched exhaustively but all the duration times mentioned are much less than the 10-12 minutes which S's events seem to have lasted, though as the event seems to gradually morph into very deep sleep it's difficult to be sure. It's all very perplexing.

Another thing I've picked up from the site is the possibility that Omega 3/oily fish may help reduce the number and duration of seizures. This may be worth trying even bearing in mind the possibility that these are not epileptic seizures

No comments:

Post a Comment